Sunday, January 21, 2007

Weekend with my girls!!

I am having too much fun this weekend with my girls. I started out the weekend by driving up to dd's yesterday and stopping along the way shopping for new scrapbook goodies. I stopped at Hobby Lobby first. They didn't have much in the way of scrapbook supplies that I haven't already seen. Then I went to Griffin's. Wow, what an inspiring place to shop. They have such a variety of manufacturers and lots of new items as well as the old good stuff. I also found out that they are owned by a local family, I always thought they were a chain store like Michael's. I think if they had a place to crop I could have scrapbooked all night there! Spent way too much money but I just love everything they have there.

I bought the book by Elsie Flannagan, 52 Scrapbooking Challenges, and it is not at all what I thought it would be. Somehow I thought the book was about different techniques...where did I get that from, I don't know. I have looked through it and don't see anything that I would use that I don't already do. I will look at it again in a few days and see if I can use it or not. Maybe I should write a book a book about 52 different techniques to use in scrapbooking.

My dd that is away at college also drove down and met me at my other dd's house. We are having a great girl's weekend, no boys allowed. We have had a fire in the fireplace and munched on chocolate, and worked on various projects. It has been great. I am planning my next class and so look forward to doing it. It is an altered magazine holder that I am using Basic Grey Blush paper on and using their chipboard letters.

Well, gotta go check out my online class at Big Picture Scrapbooking.

Later....

No comments: