Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dreaming of a perfect scrapbook room set up!!

Edited: I have a slide show with photos of my dream scrapbook room.

Woo Hoo, the pool table is moved out of my scrapbook room finally and into the family room, snicker snicker! I have been so busy, it has been hard to stop long enough to put all my scrapbook stuff away but I finally did it and we got it moved. I am now dreaming about what I want to do in my scrapbook room, it is finally officially all mine, all 240 square feet of it!! I don't have to share it with anyone, except when someone is going out to the pool, they have to walk through my room to get out to the pool which is good, otherwise, I might never see the rest of my family, haha! I love working out there overlooking the pool, it is so peaceful. I almost feel guilty being so happy! I can't wait to do some landscape work out there, I want it to look like the beach with sea oats, and sea grape plants and whatever else will grow out there with minimal watering.

I started making sketches on graph paper and talking to dh about what I might like to do in my room. Money is very, very limited so I am trying to use what I already have. My table that dh built a few years ago is great, it is 3 1/2 feet wide and 10 feet long, so I will be able to use that still! That is plenty of room for me to scrapbook for others, I usually have about 6-10 layouts that I am working on at any given time. I stack them on my handy dandy cardboard layout boards, it works out great. Ideally, if money was unlimited, I would just go order cabinets that would cover the entire back wall, all 12 feet of it! But since it isn't, I will use dd's old desk in the front corner for my sewing machine, it has 2 extra table top size book case/drawer units that go with it, so they will be perfect for storing all my Sizzix stuff and Quickutz zipper binders of dies and the tools. I have a really great idea for how to build storage units under my 10 ft long scrapbook table that will be functional for me and yet allow space for 4 people to sit at the table to scrapbook with me, I think it is going to work well. Sure hope so.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK!!!! Love the new birthday pages on Ebay; can't wait for you to finish setting up the room so I can come visit and get back to my own scrapping... its been way too long since we all got together. cber

scrapbooking for others said...

We are soooo close!! Can't wait

scrapbooking for others said...
This comment has been removed by the author.