Monday, November 05, 2007

Aligning letters on layouts



I actually used a technique that I learned at SDU, well kinda but a little modified. When I first started scrapping I learned how to use a clear ruler to align my stickers on before placing them on the page. Just leave the bottom half of the sticker on the ruler and the top half hanging off the ruler. It worked great, the letters were evenly spaced, I could see through the ruler for placement and it was so easy to apply stickers. But as time went by, the ruler was lost and I quit using stickers pretty much. Now I use die cut letters most of the time and just eyeball where to put them. But in SDU we learned how to save the wax paper like roll of paper that is left after a herma dotto is used up. It is only 1/4" wide and is perfect for aligning stickers. So tonight when I went to apply these die cuts to my page, I first ran the letters through my xyron machine, then used the paper the adhesive comes off of and aligned my letters on it. Worked great, almost as good as my old clear ruler. Wonder where that thing is these days....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you got sick. Is every thing going ok? sharon

Scrap Happy of Bradenton said...

Hey there! I am feeling fine now, I started taking 1000mg of vitamin C and echinacea and felt better within 24 hours. Love that stuff! Vickie