Saturday, January 19, 2008

Valentine's Day Scrapbook Layout

This Valentine's Day layout is made with KI Memories Wild Thing Smitten, KI Wild Thing Flutter and KI Wild Thing Multi Stripe patterned paper and Bazzill Cardstock. I purchased this paper last year and never used it. I love the torn Panda Bears. The black XO's are chipboard letters. This completed layout is for sale on Ebay. I can't remake this one, you'll have to bid if you want it.

I am trying very hard to use my scrapbook supply stash this year. I have sooooo much paper it is crazy. I did buy some pretty ribbon today with my Joann's 40% off coupon though. I want to use it on my Easter layouts. And yes, it tested acid free.

I have had people ask me if I am concerned about using items that aren't acid free on my scrapbook pages and the answer to that is yes. Especially the scrapbook pages that I make to sell. I have an American Crafts pH pen that I use to check items to make sure they are acid free such as ribbon or fabric. I think one can assume that if a product is made by a scrapbook company that it is scrapbook safe so I don't test those items. One of the worst items I have found that does contain acid is chipboard or thin cardboard that scrappers use to make embellishments. I have always used museum quality thin matboard for making my chipboard items. It is perfect, a little expensive but in the long run worth it. I recently found out that Accucut has chipboard for sale now that is acid free. I haven't ordered any yet, but will probably buy it when I run out of the museum board if it is less expensive.

Gotta run....

No comments: