Friday, May 08, 2009

LOLLIPOP PAPER FLOWERS

I love making the embellishments that I use on the premade scrapbook pages that I sell on Etsy, Ebay and on my blog.

These paper flowers are so easy to make and really adorable on the layouts. My dd#1 recently used these on a layout she made and I just loved them and had to copy her.

The paper flowers are very easy to make. I cut three circles for each flower. For the biggest flower, the circles were 1 1/4", 1 3/4" and 2 1/4". To make different size flowers, just start with the center circle at whatever size you want, big or small, then make each circle 1/2" larger than the one before it.

I used the Close to My Heart edge distressor from the CTMH distressing kit (thank you dd#1 for this awesome kit, I always knew those hours in labor would pay off someday! Just kidding!

Then I rolled the edges of the distressed circles to show the white side of the paper. I glued the layers together and added the button centers.

I tore the leaves, distressed and rolled the edges. And used blue ric-rack for the stems.

No comments: