Sunday, June 06, 2010

Altered Rolodex Cards


Altered Rolodex Cards make a great gift for a co-worker or buy a set for yourself to brighten you desk.
I love this color scheme of pink, brown, salmon and white.  The brads are copper color.  The back of the cards are plain white.  I made this set from white chipboard which worked great.  The perfect thickness with the added paper, just a little thinner than a credit card.  These cards fit the Petite Rolodex which is for business size cards 4"w and 2.5" tall.  These cards are a little thicker than the orginal Rolodex divider cards so you may need to remove some of the blank cards to fit these in the smallest Rolodex.
I tore the added paper and sanded the edges of the cards for an altered shabby look, then added ribbon to make it pretty. I made the flower on the front from torn crumpled matching paper and sanded it,  See the veins in the leaves, love doing that!
You can find these for sale in my Etsy shop. 
 WWW.SBFO.ETSY.COM

2 comments:

Kerri said...

These are gorgeous! I just bought a cheap rolodex and I am going to alter it!
Thanks for the inspoiration!
Kerri

scrapbooking for others said...

Hi Kerri! Altered Rolodex are soo much fun to make! Please email me if you have any questions. Have fun and so happy to have inspired you to make one!