Sunday, April 10, 2011

Altered Chipboard

Since I currently have some chipboard in my Etsy shop,  I thought I would share something that I learned today by trial and error.
I opened a brand new bottle of Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint and I thought it was ruined,  it was very, very, very thick.  Since it is an acrylic paint I decided to add some water to it and see what happened.  I added a tablespoon of water stirring it in the thick muck as best as I could.  Then I washed the brush out until it was clean.  I stirred the paint several times over the next three hours and finally could see that it was starting to look like it was supposed to.  I painted it on a chipboard Easter basket and waited.  It worked perfectly!  Yeah, my paint is saved and the chipboard Easter basket is adorable. 

No comments: