Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Non-traditional Scrapbooking?

I am very happy with how scrapbooking in a photo album, or 2 Up Scrapbooking as Stacy Julian calls it, has evolved into the fun new kits from Simple Stories and Memory Works.  I remember when Bazzill came out with their Lickety Slip albums and photo pages, I loved the idea!  I kept wondering when Bazzill would introduce 4x6 cards for journaling and embellishments but I don't think they ever did.
Now comes We R Memory Keepers with D-ring albums and quite a few different photo pages, 4x6 pockets vertical and horizontal, 6x8 pockets and 6x12 pockets and some with 2x12 strips all in a 12x12 page.  I think I am going to have fun with this. 
I became a Memory Works consultant because of Simple Stories.  I think it is something that I can have fun with and make a little extra money.  And the really fun part is, I can show non-scrapbookers just how easy it is to have beautiful photo albums!  I already have a group of young mothers who say they are not creative and have no idea what scrapbooking is that are coming over to see how easy it is.  I can't wait to help them. 
As of 2011 photos, I have started using Simple Stories, We R Memory Keepers D-ring albums and pages.  But not to worry, I still have thousands of photos to be scrapbooked the traditional way. LOL

No comments: