Friday, January 27, 2012

One Happy Scrapbooker

I always have so much fun this time of year with all the sneak peeks and reveals for Winter CHA 2012.  It gives me a chance to mentally plan all the beautiful premade scrapbook pages that I will be making.  I make my list and look forward to buying all my favorite new products in the upcoming months.  Of course, it may take me years to actually use all of these new products.

I do have a few favorites so far.  Top of my list is AccuCut Craft dies.  I have a blast planning how I am going to use the newly released dies. I don't buy dies unless I have planned a specific scrapbook layout to use it for and can use it on multiple layouts.  I started making my sketches last night for two of the new dies.  My husband started laughing at me and reminded me that when the new shelves he just finished building this weekend are full of dies, I will have to completely rearrange my scrapbook room to accomodate any more.  Ha, little does he know, I already have a plan.  

My next favorite reveal has been from Simple Stories.  I really like the idea behind them for doing simple scrapbooking with divided pages in a 3 ring binder scrapbook.  I started using this product in 2011 and have liked that I almost got all of my 2011 scrapping done in 2011.  They still have more reveals to come and look forward to what they have.  I just wish they had made a couple of exclusive kits for the Memory-Works consultants who originally sold the kits when it was the only place to purchase them.  The Crowell family owns both companies.

As of this morning, I have another new favorite reveal.  Bella Blvd finally got smart this year and decided to sell kits of seven of their collections and the prices are great.  I love to be able to buy every piece of a collection for using on my scrapbook pages.  Huhm, let's see, a professional designer designs a bunch of paper and embellishments that coordinate and will make my layouts beautiful...seriously, a no-brainer!  I love kit collections from the manufacturers but not kit clubs.  Somehow, I never see the beauty in the kit clubs that have alot of paper and embellishments from multiple designers/manufacturers. 

And last but not least, it makes me very happy to see Heidi Swapp is back, all by herself.  I wasn't a fan of House of Three but I am very happy to see some of her new items.  She has a style all her own that I love.  I look forward to using her new embellishments and wow does she have a bunch.

I guess that is all for today...Vickie

No comments: