Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Using PERFECT PAPER ADHESIVE on Altered Projects

I never had much luck with Mod Podge (or however you spell it?). My projects always had streaks in it and looked awful. Most times, it would stay sticky and never dry. There are people who can actually use it and make it look great, just not me. So when I discovered Perfect Paper Adhesive ( PPA ) I was sooo happy. It is a matte finish with no streaks. There is a glossy finish but I didn't have much luck with it. I have used it in all the classes that I have taught and most people seem to like it. I use it as an adhesive for paper to wood and apply it with a paint brush, covering the entire area to the edge. After that dries atleast 24 hours, I go over the project with a light coat to seal. It is sort of tricky to use though sometimes. If your paper is thin, be very careful, it won't let you lift the paper and move it around at all, the paper will tear, actually it sort of melts away. And as of tonight I will never worry about the paper coming off a project once it dries. Last week I adhered paper to the blocks in my perpetual calendar but changed my mind about the color and tried to remove the paper tonight and had to sand it off the wood block to remove it. Needless to say, I am thinking I will just use new blocks, I have a box full of them....

No comments: