Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas 1991 Layout Using Accucut Dies


I couldn't wait to use two of my new dies from Accucut. I used the 11 1/2" Ribbon Circle die on the left page. On the right page I used the 11 1/2" Ribbon die but cut the piece down the center and positioned the edge of the ribbon to fit the photos. I also extended a short piece of the Ribbon die on the left page for continuity.
Using the Holly leaf shape on the patterned paper, I handcut the two Holly leaves and Berries to match the paper. The patterned paper is from DCWV 2008 The Christmas Stack with glitter from Michael's not to be confused with The Christmas Glitter Stack that is sold at Joann's. The cardstock is from DCWV The Christmas Cardstock Stack sold at Joann's.
I never knew until this year that Michael's and Joann's sold different Christmas Stacks. Or maybe DCWV only started selling different stacks this year? I couldn't find these Stacks on DCWV's website.
For all my catlover friends who have heard me tell stories about my cat He-Man, yes, he is a superhero character and has once again somehow found himself in the middle of my layout cleaning himself and has left adorable cat paw prints all over these photos. This is the third time I have scrapbooked older Christmas photos and for the third time he has left paw prints on the layout. I just have to laugh, he never does this to any other layouts, only my old Christmas photos. Luckily, I scanned and made copies yesterday of the original photos so he didn't ruin the originals. I don't know how he keeps getting in my scrapbook room....maybe the dogs are helping him. Gotta love em!! LOL

No comments: