Thursday, April 02, 2009

HIBISCUS FLOWER CHIPBOARD MAGNET


This photo really needed an adorable Hibiscus magnet to keep it on my refrig. The photo I took of the photo is seriously bad, but I think you get the picture of how nice this looks on my refrig.
The photo was taken by dd#1 of dd#2 and her fiance walking on the beach. My sweet, future son-in-law added the quote. He is so precious and I am so happy that he is part of our family. My daughters are both so lucky to have incredible men in their lives! I think it is because they had such an amazing role model in their lives, their dad.
I made the chipboard Hibiscus magnet today using Accucut chipboard and the Accucut Flower-Hibiscus die F1471LC.
Each layer of the flower is a piece of die cut chipboard with glued on cardstock. Once the glue dried, I applied Versamark and then UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Powder) to each piece of the flower. Using my Cutter Bee tweezers inserted into the chipboard side so as not to burn myself, I melted the UTEE using a heat gun, then added a second coat of Versamark and UTEE and melted it with my heat gun. It gives the cardstock a nice, shiney look. Once the pieces cooled, I glued the three layers together and added a glued on magnet to the back. I used Scrappy Glue for all the glueing.
This would make a very nice and inexpensive make and take at our next 3 day crop in April.
For more ideas using UTEE, check out Schmooze with Suze's website and blog. I just love her ideas and products.

No comments: