Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Monthly Sketch Class at 2Peas

Two Peas in a Bucket is having a free monthly class, Stretch Your Sketch, with Jennifer Galacher.  I am not a very good sketch user because generally the sketches are for one page layouts and I am definately a two page layout scrapbooker.  Here is the sketch, a one page layout.

And here is the two page layout I made from the sketch.
The photo really doesn't show the details very well so I will tell you a few of the things I used.  The cardstock is made by Close to My Heart, the pattern paper is DCWV.
Left Page:
Martha Stewart Baker's Twine wrapped around the pop dotted and double matted photo, with small red beads tied on the ends of the twine and then glued into place on the page with Scrappy Glue.
Wrights Jumbo Red and Pink Rick Rack.
Accucut 11.5" Antique Shape die cut with white cardstock for the title area.
The font for Cooking is Quickutz Abigail Grand, With My is cut with Quickutz skinni mini Phoebe, and girls is cut from chipboard using 1.25" lower case Ariel ( I don't know who the manufacturer of this wooded die is), covered in pink cardstock that I added Stickles Glitter glue.
Right Page
Photo corners cut in pink and red using Quickutz 4x4 die.
Journaling spot handcut from a chipboard frame using the outer pattern, to match the Antique shape on the left.
And I added a few pink rhinestones on both pages.
And as usual, I machine stitched on the layout, polkda dot paper and on title block.

5 comments:

chantal said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. Good luck with your scrapping goals.
Chantal

Nora said...

Great job turning a one-page sketch into a 2-page layout! I really like the layout!

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Such a cute layout. Love the way you used the sketch......

Unknown said...

Love the sketch and how you used it! Amazing work on the pre-made pages. Love them all.

I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. You can collect it at my place if you would like
http://terristeases.blogspot.com/2011/02/awards-handed-out.html

Thanks for the inspiration!

hilde janbroers said...

great layout!!