Monday, April 11, 2011

Techniques for Altered Chipboard

Since I have chipboard for sale in my Etsy Shop, I decided I would try and think of all the ways one can alter chipboard.  Several years ago I taught a class at the now closed LSS where I demonstrated all the ways chipboard can be altered.  Each chipboard letter used a different technique.  So here goes...
  1. paint chipboard with acrylic paint...
  2. stamp on the painted chipboard, I suggest using Staz-On ink...
  3. paint the stamped images on the painted chipboard...
  4. cover the painted stamped images on the painted chipboard with Liquid Glass or Diamond Glaze  (wow, that was a mouthful) I would suggest letting the chipboard dry over night before adding the Diamond Glaze/Liquid Glass
  5. heat emboss a single layer of UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) over painted chipboard (it will look like water droplets on it)
  6. crackle paint with areas of thicker/thinner paint for a more textured look
  7. mix reinker into Liquid Glass/Diamond Glaze and paint them for a shiney look
  8. cover with ink, stamp designs on the ink with Staz-On
  9. pour melted UTEE over the chipboard (use melting pot to melt )
  10. using red rubber stamps, stamp into melted UTEE while it is still warm leaving design of the stamp in the UTEE, you can also ink the stamp with Staz-On before stamping into the UTEE
  11. heat emboss using colored embossing powder
  12. decoupage with strips of paper using Perfect Paper Adhesive/Mod Podge
  13. decoupage with fabric pieces
  14. add rhinestones/pearls to any of the above
  15. flock them
  16. apply Flower Soft
  17. cover with stickers, trim stickers to fit shapes
  18. Stickles alone or over painted/inked chipboard
  19. Glitter
  20. Liquid Pearls - apply smooth or use a sponge in the wet Liquid Pearls to give it a textured look, covers very well
  21. use them to make embossing plates
If you think of anything that I haven't added, please leave me a comment and I will add it to my list.
Thanks!

No comments: