Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Premade Scrapbook Pages

Making premade scrapbook pages to sell is one of my favorite things to do.  I had a conversation recently with someone again who couldn't understand why anyone would buy already made scrapbook pages.  She was amazed at the different reasons I scrapbook for each of my customers.  Some just want the tear bear layouts, some are scrapbookers who are trying to "get caught up" and don't have time, some like the machine stitching I do on the layouts and others want scrapbooks but seriously don't have a creative bone in their body.  

My already made page styles differ as much as the customers do.  I make pages that just have the pretty background paper and embellies but no mats, those customers are usually scrappers themselves and have a pretty good idea where to put photos and don't necessarily use mats for all photos and use different size photos, not just the standard size.  Some pages I make are covered with tear bears and die cut embellies with stitched on mats,  so the customer has to use predetermined photo sizes.  And some of the tear bear pages are just made to look adorable without photos, using pattern paper even on the mats so if you have smaller photos than the mat size, it doesn't matter, the pattern paper showing on the mat will look great with a smaller photo.  Other pages have colored cardstock mats stitched in place on the embellished pages, this is easiest for those who want the pages done but don't have the time to think about where to put the photos or don't have a clue where to put them.  Also, these are great for crops, bring the already made pages and your box of photos and get those pages completed!

I am going back to my scrapbook room now...I have orders waiting to be filled, no time for blogging and whoever reads this anyway! LOL

No comments: