Friday, January 20, 2012

Celebrating the 5th Anniversary of my Scrapbooking Blog

Five years ago I decided to start this scrapbooking blog to share my passion with others who have the same love of scrapbooking.  I had absolutely no idea what I was doing but decided I would just start blogging and see what happened.

At first I wondered if anyone would really read it. Then one day about 3 months later I walked into our local scrapbook store and there on the crop table next to a scrapper I had never met was a color print out of a 2 page premade scrapbook layout that I had posted a few weeks earlier. It wasn't a fancy layout, no magazine would ever publish it, but there she was copying it, placing precious photos of her and her dad building her house on a layout I designed.  I was so excited, someone was scraplifting me!  I was hooked, if she was using the ideas on my blog then I was sure there were others using my ideas and it made me feel sooo good.

I am amazed that in 1826 days (including leap day in 2008) I have had 90,000 visitors, averaging 49.24 visits per day and I have made 435 posts.  That is alot of paper passion and scraplifting. I love to read scrapbook blogs and hope that my blog brings that same happiness to other scrapbookers.  I love the comments and cherish the friends I have met along the way, even though I probably won't ever meet you in person.

I don't think I am going to change a thing, except maybe my 5 year old profile photo that definately looks nothing like I do now.  I plan to continue blogging and sharing my paper creations every day that I possibly can.  Thank you for reading my blog!

Scrappingly yours, Vickie

5 comments:

Sherry C said...

Congrats on 5 years! :)

scrapbooking for others said...

Thank you Sherry C!

pamala said...

Congrats on 5 years! That is a wonderful milestone! Best wishes on another 5 at least. :)

scrappygail said...

Congrats on your 5 year anniversary. I have some of your ideas in my "scraplift these" box waiting to be done. A virtual toast to another great five years!

scrapbooking for others said...

Thank you Pamala and scrappygail!!