Sunday, February 23, 2014

BABY Chipboard Mini Scrapbook Album

BABY Chipboard Mini Album Scrapbook
**for more photos scroll to the end of post**

I used a ColorBok page kit, Close to My Heart cardstock and AccuCut dies and chipboard to make this mini album.  I decided to make this album on the clean side, without a lot of embellishments.  I want to be able to see and read BABY clearly without clutter.  As each page opens there are embellishments that can't be seen until the album is open.  I made several of these for gifts.  I am not sure if I will be making this album to sell because of the time it takes to put it together.

There are 6 chipboard pages and 5 cardstock small pages for extra photos or journaling.  I used a one inch ring to hold the pages together but a 1 1/2 inch would also work.  I like having lots of room for photos and the way I put this together, it would be very easy to add more cardstock pages without affecting the design of the album.  The last page is simply a 5 1/2 x 12 inch piece of chipboard covered with pattern paper, it is not part of the AccuCut die set.  But I added the last page so more cardstock pages could be added to the album between the Y and the last page, if needed.  I like versatility.

Making this album wasn't hard, just time consuming.  I like to cut the paper and chipboard at the same time for each page, trust me it just works better.  I initially cut the paper and chipboard to 6"x12" then I just placed the chipboard between the two papers that I planned to use for the page and cut them together with the rights sides out just like they will be in your album.  It really helps me not make errors in cutting and saves time.

Not shown:  I cut the baby's name and added it to the small yellow scalloped page in the back of the album.  I overlapped the letters to make them fit, each one a different color.

These are the AccuCut dies that I used to make this album:
BABY Album
BABY Album Letters
Mini Cards Diaper and Onesie  I hand cut the vest and bow tie on the onesie
5 1/2" x 5 1/2" Album #1 This die set is the same height as the Baby Album
Album Builder Base #2  This die is taller than the BABY album so I just cut the chipboard to the height and width that I needed for use in the BABY album and placed the edge of the chipboard and paper along the decorative edge before cutting. Cutting all three pieces at the same time.
AccuCut Chipboard








No comments: