Sunday, January 18, 2009

Simple Scrapbooks comes to an end...

or is it a new beginning for a great magazine?

In the past I have always enjoyed both Simple Scrapbooks and Creating Keepsakes magazines. Simple Scrapbooks was just that, simple, everyday pages that a new scrapbooker or a long time scrapbooker could use for inspiration to get memories on pages with photos and journaling. Simple Scrapbooks was a resource I frequently used when talking to new scrapbookers as the layouts weren't overwhelming and loaded with embellishments that require a degree in design to accomplish but were classic pages that one could see and feel what scrapbooking is all about...preserving your memories for the future.

Creating Keepsakes has always been a fun magazine where I could look at very embellished pages and pick tiny aspects of those layouts to incorporate into my own simple pages.

As I understand it, the two magazines will become one, integrating the best of two worlds. You can read about it here on The Simple Blog.

So I am looking forward to the "new" Creating Keepsakes July 2009 issue when the two magazines become one. I hope it is the best of two worlds!!

No comments: