Thursday, May 05, 2011

Crochet Covered Button and Tulle Flower

When I saw the crochet covered button on Cynthia Shaffer's blog CLICK HERE, I knew exactly what flower to make to really show off this button.  I remember making crochet covered buttons years ago, but they actually went on the crocheted vest that I made.  How times change.  LOL
I made this easy peasy flower using Accucut Coasters #1 die click here.  I cut six layers of black tulle with the scallop side of the die.  Then folded each scallop in half and did a running stitch along the folded edge adding each of the six pieces.  Then I ran another stitch back through the gathered side and tied it off into a circle.  Fluff the tulle, stitch the button on and there you have it.
I will be making these flowers for my Heritage books that I am doing for my family.  I want each layout to have a little bit of me on it with handmade embellishments that I make.

No comments: