Thursday, June 09, 2011

Altered Chipboard

premade scrapbook pages for sale already made layouts altered chipboard accucut craft scrapbook room creative space studio for sale scrapbooking to copy chipboard close to my heart pink apricot alphabet scraplift scrapbooks
I used AccuCut's White Chipboard for the first time today and really like it!  It is just a little thicker than the Accucut Kraft Chipboard I have been using.  The main difference I see between them so far is I can ink the white chipboard with light colors. 
Using a sponge I inked the white chipboard with Baby Pink ink by Close to My Heart. 


I could have used the inked pieces just like that.  But then I added three coats of clear Ultra Thick Embossing Powder ( UTEE ) to give them a glossy look.  It made the pieces a little darker.


And since I love this next embossing technique I had to try it on the lightly inked/embossed white chipboard.


LOVE this altered look and will be using this on the baby page I am making. 
I first saw this embossing technique in the October 2003 Scrapbooks, Etc. magazine and then a demo a few months later by the magazine at an Expo.  I love the look!

There are already so many videos on YouTube and blog posts describing this stamping/embossing technique I am not going into alot of detail but here are the basic steps.
HEAT EMBOSSING INTO UTEE WITH RED RUBBER STAMP AND VERSAMARK

1. ink your chipboard pieces
2. apply Versamark then UTEE and melt with your heat tool; do this 3 times
3. adhere your embossed pieces to a heat resistant non-stick craft mat so they can't blow around
4. using a red rubber stamp with an open design, ink it with Staz-on and leave it sitting on the stamp pad to keep it moist
5. one letter at a time, reheat the UTEE until you can see it is liquid looking, then lay the inked stamp on the melted UTEE, leave it there for about 30 seconds until the UTEE hardens then remove the stamp.
You will have beautiful embossed chipboard pieces, see how the stamp sinks into the hot UTEE and leaves the inked impression.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, looks great! Love how you UTEE'd and altered the letters. Chipboard is so versatile and fun to work with :)

scrapbooking for others said...

I agree Sue!