Thursday, May 05, 2011

Fabric Flower Using Accucut Dies

Fabric flower made using Accucut Flowers #5 Die click here for the pink flower and Accucut Coasters #1 Die click here the 4 inch circle on that die for the black tulle. 
This is a fun technique to do.  I used Pellon Wonder-Under Transfer Web to make the pink fabric fusible and adhered it to white felt to give the fabric flower a little thickness.  Then using the GrandeMARK and die I just cut the fused pink fabric and felt.  Once the fabric is fused to the felt, it is super easy to work with.  I used a little Fray-Check around the edge of the pink fabric just to make sure it doesn't ravel.
I folded the black tulle in half and ran a gathering stitch along the fold of five circles then stitched it to the flower.
I cut the shank off the black button and glued it to the pink fabric with liquid Scrappy Glue.
This flower would be perfect for a little girl's headband, so fluffy and cute.

No comments: